Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy St.Patrick's Day

Ours will definitely be happy! As you know our family we be on the slopes for St.Patrick's Day. That will actually be our last day of skiing, so I really don't want to think about it yet. We haven't decided what day we are heading out. It is either Friday afternoon/evening or 4:00 am Saturday morning. Either way we have a long drive ahead, but that is really part of the fun. Our first day on the slopes will be Sunday. So we will get 3 days of skiing (Sun., Mon., & Tues.). We plan on spending Wednesday around town. I think we are going to let the kids do some sledding and shopping and anything else we can find to do. That means we will start on our way home sometime Wednesday afternoon.

For our day to day life; Dalton and Caitlyn are starting baseball and softball now. Caitlyn hasn't had a practice yet, but she starts Thursday. Dalton has already practiced twice and of course they stuck him on the pitcher's mound the first night. I was really hoping for anything other than pitcher. But....I'm not the coach and I don't want Dalton to think I doubt him. I just don't like the pressure it put on him last time. We will think positive and make the best of it anyway. Chad and I both love to watch them play. It will be a lot of fun.

I wanted everyone to keep Chad's Granny in prayer. She had knee replacement surgery Tuesday. The doctor's were a little concerned about her heart and lungs handling the procedure and rehabilitation. She came through the surgery great! She will recover in the hospital for about a week and then she will be moved to the nursing home for rehab. The doctor told her to plan on being there a month. She said she was shooting for 3 weeks. I believe she can do it. We are praying for a quick and complete recovery. We love you Granny!

Everyone have a great Spring Break! I will post Ski Pictures as soon as we get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment