Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long, Busy, Relaxing Weekend

Yes, our weekend started out a little fast. Ballgames, Ballgames...but we are wrapping them all up now. We finally got to have Dalton's Birthday party. It was a good time. Friends and family at my mom and dad's visiting and swimming. It was nice and peaceful. Every year I try to get him to do something else, but he always chooses the same ole thing. I guess that is just what he likes to do, and I don't blame him. Quick and easy and painless. This year he was a little too old. "No candles and no singing and no gift! I want money to buy my new phone." Boring!!! Chad and I surprised him though, and bought his new phone as a gift. I think he was really excited. Now his birthday money is all his. He is growing up tooo fast. Hopefully I will be able to get one more party out of him next year.

After all the going and going, Chad and I took a long needed break. Since I was already out of school, but our kids still had to go; we took off Sunday morning on the motorcycle and headed to Beavers Bend. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Three days of just us two...riding, hiking, fishing, and canoeing in that beautiful place. No cooking, no cleaning, and no chasing kids. It was just the little get-a-way we needed.
I promised Chad I would tell everyone about a conversation we had with the waittress in the park...She asked us how long we had been together. Chad said, "forever" and I said, "about 20 years." Then we explained the whole married-divorced-remarried deal. She said, "Well yall get along so good, we thought yall were newlyweds!" We just laughed and said, "If you only knew!" Chad was sooooo excited. I think that was the highlight of the trip for him. I didn't take just a whole lot of pictures, but I did get some really cute ones of the two of us.

Lastly, Dalton had his first game of the end-of-season tournament. They won 11-7. So we play again tonight at 6:30. I got some good pics of him, even though he didn't want me to. I also threw a picture or two of the girls and their daddy on the bike.





1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Whew! All the way to OK on a motorcycle.... gives me chills thinking about it! Looks like you had a great time though, and a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete