Friday, February 6, 2015

but for the Grace of God

What you have done nor who you used to be determine your future or make you who you are. Yes, decisions you make can result in consequences, good or bad, that you will have to live with or overcome. If you pick up one end of a stick, the other end comes with it whether you like it or not. Sin can effect your life and definitely effects your faith. It can keep you from walking in the life that you were destined to live. Sin can pull you towards the things of this world, when your are suppose to live under God's promise which is not of this world. 

On the other end of this, is Grace. The sin you have or will commit is not who you are. If you are a child of God, "The one true King," you are LOVED and you are FORGIVEN (from your past to your future). And, even if you do stumble, it doesn't change that. He paid the price for your stumbles and he redeemed you from the curse. 

Hebrews 10:17 "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."

All of that being said....I have my own proof!

One year ago today, my husband made a decision that has totally turned our lives around. The girls and I were in San Antonio for the weekend and had no idea what was going on at home. Apparently the Holy Spirit was at work on Chad. 

From the time we first met, he has battled with anger, depression, fear, sin, habits, and hurt. He had attempted changing so many times that I can't even remember, but he was always pulled back in. Sometimes the pull came from friends, family, or just temptations and he never had the ability or the drive to free himself from this cycle he had created...

...but for the Grace of God!!

God intervened and put a dream in his heart, a drive in his mind, and gave him strength that he never knew he could have. I'm not saying he is now miraculously perfect. He stumbles and stumbles hard sometimes. I'm saying he now sees himself as his father does. He is worthy. He is qualified. He is REDEEMED! "He is the picture of Grace."

  



*This man went from literally working his fingers to the bones to have nothing to working the best and easiest job he has ever had at L-3.
*This man went from feeling like he was absolutely nothing to a Godly husband and father. Yes, he still gets on my nerves and can most definitely still push the right buttons, but he is a work in progress and  HE is the man of my dreams. I can't tell you how proud I am of him! 

Chad,
I loved you then. I love you now. I'll love you forever!!




3 comments: